BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG
To say the least, it’s been a wet fall in Toronto.
Here’s something to warm up to: a delicious, vegan, rice bar that’s low in sugar, gluten and dairy free – enjoy with a warm cup of tea or your favourite hot beverage!
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 4 cups rice cereal
- Slivered almonds as garnish
- Line an 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment or wax paper
- Place rice cereal and dried fruit in large bowl
- Mix together almond butter, coconut oil, rice syrup and vanilla in another glass bowl and heat in a pot until you can stir everything easily together. Let cool for two to three minutes.
- Add mixture to cereal and stir well with spatula.
- Mix in the chocolate and pat into the pan. Garnish with almonds.
- Chill then cut into small bars and enjoy!
Chef Janet Craig’s recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly.
You can find out more about her HERE.