Find out what’s happening – download our 2019 Winter Program Brochure, HERE
BIST provides programs and services to people living with the effects of brain injury and their families / caregivers. After joining BIST, our programs are free and have no wait list.
- Every Monday – Not So Blue Mondays
- 1st Tuesday of the Month – ABI Survivor Support Group – For adults 27 and up
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month – <NEW> Men’s Social Drop-In
- 3rd Tuesday of the Month – Community Outings
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month – Young Adult Group – For young adults ages 17 – 26
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month – Parent Support Group – For parents of people with ABI ages 12 – adult
- Last Wednesday of the Month – Social Learning *
- Last Wednesday of the Month – Peer-Led Caregiver Support Group
* Previously called Community Meetings
We provide FREE annual workshops for ABI caregivers and ABI survivors each year. Find out about them, HERE
SUPPORT GROUPS & PEER SUPPORT
- Young Adult Group – For young adults ages 17-26
- Parent Support Group – For parents of people with ABI ages 12 – adult
- ABI Survivor Support Group – For adults 27 and up
- Peer Support Program – For ABI survivors and caregivers
- Women’s Support Group
Our award winning awareness campaign – areyouaware.ca
For details on any of the programs listed above, click on the program above.
BIST has helped me grow as a person. Over the years, I have become a peer mentor, and I have helped others deal with their ABI and recover. I always loved ‘things’ before my accident, but I was taught by BIST to appreciate the littlest things in life. I do that now with all my heart.
– Glenn, BIST Volunteer & Member
BIST has made a big difference for my social well-being. I was at home all the time feeling depressed, and that was not who I was. Now I’ve been given hope to get close to being myself again. I know now there is a society among BIST members I can talk to. I never have to feel alone as long as BIST is open to me.
– Joan, BIST Member