Job Title: Punjabi Speaking Social Worker/Group Facilitator
The Brain Injury Society of Toronto (BIST) is a community non-profit supporting those living with the effects of acquired brain injury.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for people in the City of Toronto, living with the effects of acquired brain injury through education, awareness, support and advocacy.
We are hiring 2 part-time contact Social Workers with a total of 2 hours per month, facilitating the following group:
ABI Support Group for the Punjabi community
This group supports Punjabi speaking persons with acquired brain injuries. It will take place on the last Thursday of every month. This group is co-facilitated with a BIST staff member and requires you to be present from 6:00 – 8:30pm
This program will be run virtually, however, should Public Health Guidelines change, in the future it may run out of BIST’s Head Office;
40 St. Clair Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4T 1M9
Start Date and Hourly Rate:
This position will begin in February 2021 and pays $40/hour. The hours of the first month will be focused on doing outreach for this group in conjunction with BIST staff.
- Must speak fluent Punjabi
- Registered Social Worker with a Bachelor or Masters of Social Work Degree, or a Degree in Counselling Psychology.
- Experience with new group creation, facilitation and delivery.
- At least 3 years experience facilitating and/or co-facilitating psycho-educational and skills based support groups.
- At least 3 years experience in counselling with proven ability in the application of DBT, CBT, Solution Focused therapy and Crisis Intervention in a group setting.
- Knowledge of GTA community resources for individuals with ABI/TBI, Concussions and PTSD an asset
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Project a positive, friendly and professional attitude
- Constant ability to learn and to respond constructively to change and stressful
- Experience with and/or post graduate training in the symptoms and challenges associated with ABI/TBI, Concussions and PTSD recovery.
Application Deadline: January 25th, 2021
Send a resume and cover letter to the attention of: Melissa Vigar, Executive Director
by email: [email protected]
Please put in subject line: Social Worker/Group Facilitator position
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BIST is committed to creating a diverse environment. We encourage applications from individuals who represent the communities we serve, including people from racialized communities, members of the LGBTQ communities and people who are differently abled.
BIST will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.