Posting Date: August 8, 2022
The Brain Injury Society of Toronto (BIST) is a community non-profit supporting those living with the effects of acquired brain injury. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for people in the City of Toronto, living with the effects of acquired brain injury through education, awareness, support and advocacy.
This is a part time Social Worker position with a total of 4-8 hours per month, facilitating groups that support individuals with brain injuries.
ABI Support Group Facilitator
This group supports adults with acquired brain injuries. It takes place on the first and third Tuesday of every month. This group requires you to be present from 6:00 – 8:30pm. Beginning in Fall 2022, the group will be held in person 1x per month and the second group will be on zoom.
Men’s Support Group Facilitator
Will run the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 6:30-8pm. Beginning in Fall 2022, the group will be held in person 1x per month and the second group will be on zoom.
All the above in-person groups will meet at BIST’s Head Office:
40 St. Clair Avenue East #205
Toronto, ON M4T 1M9
Start Date and Hourly Rate:
This position(s) will begin in Fall 2022 and compensation is $40/hour.
- Registered Social Worker with a Bachelor or Masters of Social Work Degree, or a Degree in Counselling Psychology.
- Experience with group facilitation and delivery.
- Knowledge of GTA community resources for individuals with ABI/TBI, Concussions and PTSD an asset
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skill.
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Project a positive, friendly and professional attitude
- Constant ability to learn and to respond constructively to change and stressful situations.
Application Deadline: August 26, 2022
Send a resume and cover letter to the attention of: Melissa Vigar, Executive Director by email: [email protected]
Please put in subject line: Social Worker/Group Facilitator position
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BIST is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. BIST will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.