Member Code of Conduct
At BIST we want all members to feel safe and comfortable. When coming to a BIST Group or Program please follow the below:
- Keep Personal Space Boundaries – only make physical contact if invited to do so.
- No offensive language or jokes (this includes but is not limited to sexist, racist and homophobic comments)
- Clothing bearing inappropriate slogans or pictures is prohibited
- Do not interrupt others
- Keep phones on silent
- Allow all those who want to speak have a say
- Do not attend programs under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Do not harass, threaten, intimidate or coerce any person at any time
- Do not take videos or photos of staff or members unless given explicit permission to do so
Violations of the above will be addressed by a BIST Staff Member.
“Respect other people’s feelings. It might mean nothing to you, but it could mean everything to them.”
― Roy T. Bennett