After suffering a traumatic brain injury in 2005, Laura Brydges (B.A.Sc., M.A.)
• is petitioning the Government of Canada to “adopt and promote a national Hidden Disability Symbol, and lead or participate in actions toward its international adoption”, and is the driving force behind this webpage
• designed and shares a free digital hidden disability symbol on her Hidden Disability Facebook Page with 7300+ followers.
• conducted two hidden disability surveys that demonstrate the value of a hidden disability symbol to members of the hidden disability community (put weblink)
• has created various works of artexpressing her experiences as a member of the hidden disability community
• Laura’s advocacy work on Hidden Disability has been featured in the Toronto Star, CBC Radio, iHeartRadioand more.
BIST is proud to be working with Laura to campaign for a nationally recognized Hidden Disability Symbol. Find out more, HERE.
Watch Laura’s video where she explains the need for a Hidden Disability Symbol in Canada, below. Scroll down to see her artwork and poetry.