BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG
February 4 is Homemade Soup Day! And Janet Craig has a great, hearty homemade soup for you – enjoy!
- Ten whole cloves or two whole heads, cleaned
- Four cleaned, washed leeks, chopped
- Three yellow or white onions, peeled and chopped
- Two large white potatoes peeled and cubed
- One tetra pack of good quality chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- Two cups Vermouth
- One cup milk
- One cup whipping cream
- Fresh parsley, chives to garnish
- Place all cleaned vegetables into buttered roasting pan.
- Cover with broth and wine. Roast 1 hour at 350 F.
- Put cooled vegetables and remaining fluid into a food processor and pulse until rough chunks.
- Add cream and pulse more. Taste and season with white pepper and salt then add milk to thin, if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs
- Serve hot with a dollop of cheese, either Asiago or Stilton, in the bowl.
Chef Janet Craig recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.