Image Description: A plate of seafood pasta with shrimp, crab meat, squid rings, tofu and fresh basil.
BY: JOSIE CALOMA
The Holiday Season may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to some delicious seafood pasta – check out Josie’s simple and delicious recipe!
Did you know?
Basil is very aromatic and contains nutrients like calcium, vitamin K and also contains antioxidants. While finding fresh basil is sometimes a challenge during the winter months, its refreshing taste will bring you back to the days of summer!
900 gram pack of spaghetti
1 pack frozen squid rings
1 pack frozen cooked shrimp
1 pack frozen crab meat
1 pack plain tofu
1 Knorr Liquid Seasoning – original
3 – 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon of oregano
Handful of fresh basil
1 whole garlic
- Prepare a large pot to boil water for the pasta, approximately ¾ of the way full .
- Add the pasta the boiling water and check for preferred tenderness after 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and place it all in a large bowl.
- In the meantime, gather a large frying pan or pot to prepare the fish.
- Prepare the fish: Remove the plastic wrap from the crab meat, cut the squid rings in half, remove tails from the shrimp, and cut the tofu into cubes.
- Heat olive oil in the pan and lightly sauté the garlic. Then and add all the fish, add the liquid seasoning, pesto sauce, dry tarragon, oregano, and add the basil last.
- Add the cooked fish mixture to the pasta in the bowl, mix altogether and serve.
Image Description: Strained Pasta in a Stainless Steel Bowl
Image Description: Completed Seafood Pesto Spaghetti with Basil
Josie Caloma is a volunteer at BIST.