Find out what’s happening, download our January – March 2018 Programs Brochure
BIST provides programs and services to people living with the effects of brain injury and their families / caregivers. After joining BIST, our programs are free and have no wait list.
- 1st Tuesday of the Month – ABI Survivor Support Group – for adults 26 years and older
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month – Social Drop-In
- 3rd Tuesday of the Month – Community Outings
- 4th Tuesday of the Month – BIST Mask Making (begins March, dates TBA)
- First Wednesday of the Month – What’s Up Wednesday Youth Drop-In
- Third Wednesday of the Month – Young Adult Group (ages 18-29 years)
- Third Wednesday of the Month – Parents of Young Adults with ABI Support Group
- Last Wednesday of the Month – Community Meetings
- Last Wednesday of the Month – Peer-Led Caregiver Support Group
- Wellness Action Recovery Plan (WRAP) – next program runs Sept, 2018
We provide FREE annual workshops for ABI caregivers and ABI survivors each year.
SUPPORT GROUPS & PEER SUPPORT
- Young Adult Group (ages 18-29 years)
- Parents of Young Adults with ABI Support Group
- ABI Survivor Support Group
- Peer Support Program (For ABI survivors and caregivers)
Our award winning awareness campaign – areyouaware.ca
For details on any of the programs listed above, click on the program above.
BIST has helped me grow as a person. Over the years, I have become a peer mentor, and I have helped others deal with their ABI and recover. I always loved ‘things’ before my accident, but I was taught by BIST to appreciate the littlest things in life. I do that now with all my heart.
– Glenn, BIST Volunteer & Member
BIST has made a big difference for my social well-being. I was at home all the time feeling depressed, and that was not who I was. Now I’ve been given hope to get close to being myself again. I know now there is a society among BIST members I can talk to. I never have to feel alone as long as BIST is open to me.
– Joan, BIST Member