BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG
Are you looking for a new way to enjoy your greens?
This lovely recipe can be prepared in advance and served as a cold side salad in the vinaigrette or warm in same sauce!
Any green vegetable such as asparagus, broccoli, and rapini can be blanched, here’s how:
- Bring a large pot of salty water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water with ice cubes.
- Depending on the size of the vegetable place, in boiling water one to four minutes. Drain and place immediately in ice water.
This lovely dressing can be used as a dunking sauce for fresh bread too. I often double or triple it and leave in the fridge for any salad.
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tsp each of any fresh herbs – I use basil, dill, tarragon, parsley, mint, chives and cilantro
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1 tbsp sherry or tarragon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3-cup good olive oil
Whisk together shallot, grainy mustard, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, thyme, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in oil, I use a hand blender or small food processor to get it creamy.
Pour on top of vegetables and enjoy!
Chef Janet Craig recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.